Museum day

When I have time to spare I go to museums and enjoy my time there with friends. Museums have always intrigued me as well as the concept of art. As a child I was always fascinated by Picasso, Monet and Van Gogh. Monet more than anything but as I became older my appreciation for art grew even more so. Around this time last year I went to the Museum Of Contemporary Art (MOCA) in downtown LA and left confused because I never understood contemporary art. Nowadays I feel like people will call anything art but, I decided to give it a second chance when I went last Thursday.

I'm still not sure about it, if I'm honest. A lot of it kinda creeps me out but I guess that's the whole concept of art; The reaction the artist receives from their audience.
Furthermore, I snapped a few photos while I was there, even though I wasn't too thrilled about this museum I went in with an open mind and actually enjoyed a few pieces while I was there. You can see them below!
-Rothko 



Alice Neels androgynous piece was one of my personal favorite pieces that we got to see.
still don't get it. 

The lighting and minimalism is amazing here, i'll give em that!
 
Eartha Kitt
 
Mickalene Thomas: Do I look like a lady? exhibit. 
This year it seemed like there weren't many pieces out or more like it lacked some but this time around I enjoyed a few of the pieces more so than I did the first time I went.
^ first time at the MOCA!
You can check the museum out yourself and see what it has to offer. It's subjective on my end but maybe some of you will appreciate it more than I did, but still check it out and see if ya like it. It's always great to see new things! The MOCA Geffen and Grand are free every Thursday also!

-Thanks for stopping by! -xoxo Gloria


No comments:

Post a Comment